Welcome to Granify.
Invest your time, don't spend it.
You gotta risk it to get the biscuit.
Why does the eye see a thing more clearly in dreams than the imagination when awake?
– Leonardo da Vinci
Money can’t buy you happiness but it can buy you bacon, which is pretty much the same thing.
People who think they are crazy enough to change the world are the ones that do.
"Laugh in the face of danger" or "do it yourself"?
Somno mortis est cognata.
- Boogie Nights
Have a good evening everyone!
We have forty million reasons for failure, but not a single excuse
- Rudyard Kipling
If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door.
Man, my cheeks look chubby in this photo... and probably also in-person.
And will you succeed? Yes you will indeed! (98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)
You're no default serif, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
Get in over your head as often and as joyfully as possible.
― Alexander Isley
Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present. – M. Aurelius
God plays dice. All others bring data.
We're done here.
― Cave Johnson
That's the real trouble with the world. Too many people grow up.
― Walt Disney
Never let anyone treat you like a yellow starburst. You are a pink starburst.
Try a thing you haven’t done three times. Once, to get over the fear of doing it. Twice, to learn how to do it. And a third time, to figure out whether you like it or not. - V.G. Thomson
Opportunities don't happen. You create them.
There is always a path.
Change before you have to.
- Jack Welch
Take chances, make mistakes, get messy!
- Ms. Frizzle
If today you never say 'good enough', tomorrow you will always have enough.
- Greg Plitt
All it takes is faith, trust, and a little pixie-dust!
Ultimately, I serve only one master... pure logic.
Practice like nobody's watching.
I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier.
Would I rather be feared or loved? Easy. Both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me.
- Michael Scott
Andrew is a founding Partner at Valar Ventures. Andrew’s career in technology has included business and corporate development roles at eCount (acquired by Citicorp) and Yahoo!. He joined PayPal in 2001, where he worked closely with Peter in preparing for the company’s IPO. After PayPal’s sale to eBay, Andrew helped launch Clarium Capital and later founded a restaurant group in San Francisco.
James is a founding Partner at Valar Ventures. Prior to Valar, he was COO and General Counsel of Peter Thiel’s global parent company, Thiel Capital, where he helped manage Peter’s extensive network of investments and businesses. In that capacity, he worked closely with the Founders Fund, Mithril, and Clarium. Prior to joining Thiel Capital, James practiced law for seven years in the New York office of Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP. He received his J.D. from the University of California, Los Angeles and his undergraduate degree from Brigham Young University.
- These 6 startups are changing the way we shop— FEBRUARY 29, 2016 (PAYPAL.COM)
- After years in the slow lane, Canada’s e-commerce
ecosystem is booming
— FEBRUARY 24, 2016 (CANADIANBUSINESS.COM)
- Startup Job Spotlight: Content Marketer at Granify— JANUARY 21, 2016 (BETAKIT.COM)
- Top 10 Canadian Marketing Tech Start-Ups Set To Blow
Up In 2016— JANUARY 8, 2016 (DISCOVERMEDIAHOUSE.COM)
- The Rise of Return-Anything Culture — DEC 30, 2015 (THEATLANTIC.COM)
- Granify Raises $9 Million from Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures to Help Online Retailers Automatically Convert More Visitors
into Customers— MAY 26, 2015 (OFFICIAL RELEASE)
- Granify Announces Risk Free, Automatic Revenue Optimization Platform for Ecommerce— OCTOBER 15, 2014 (OFFICIAL RELEASE)
- Predictive Analytics Is Changing eCommerce & Conversion
Rate Optimization— JULY 27, 2014 (BUSINESS2COMMUNITY.COM)
- Why Some People Will Never Buy & How To Convert Those Who Are "Considering It"— JULY 10, 2014 (CONVERSIONXL.COM)
- How & Why You Should Invest In Getting Good Testimonials
with Examples — JANUARY 29, 2014 (CONVERSIONXL.COM)
- Should I Lower My Prices To Compete? — JANUARY 16, 2014 (CONVERSIONXL.COM)
- The Most Important Factor for Online Shoppers Isn't Price— JANUARY 4, 2014 (INC.COM)
- Granify Announces Seed Funding from Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures, iNovia Capital, Klass Capital, BDC and others— NOVEMBER 6, 2013 (OFFICIAL RELEASE)